Africa is recognized for its ability to leapfrog innovation, learn and adapt from global experiences. When it comes to data centre and digital infrastructure operations and maintenance, however, there’s no shortcut or alternative to requirements and best practices.
In this session, we’ll discuss bringing Africa up to speed, quickly, with global operations and maintenance best practices allowing its burgeoning digital economy to flourish, attract investment, and generating lasting value. Areas we’ll address include talent and skills, processes and metrics, unique requirements in context and more.
The session will cover:
Nurturing and leveraging local talent with the OCP
- Paul Statham, Regional Commercial Director, Atlancis
Two part panel:
Turning Africa into a competitive world class digital economy – On skills – On operations and maintenance best practices
- Kristen Vosmaer, EVP Global Operations, Salute Mission Critical
- Chioma Odum, Head of DC operations, BCX
- Stephane Duproz, CEO, Africa Data Centres & Board Member, Africa Data Centres Association
- Sunday Opadijo, Chief Engineer, Head of DC Infrastructure and Operations, Rack Centre
How Engie assuring Orange Group Services Best in Class Abidjan Data Centre
- David Morvant, General Manager, Engie Services Cote d’Ivoire
ADCA – The power and cooling challenges in African data centres
- Timi Fadeyi, Head of Galaxy Backbone