The PR & Communication Manager is responsible for effective management of the Communication of ADCA, pan African & Global in various Digital Media: Website, Social Networks, press relations, participation to Events as partner and Media Partner Management based on the content developed by ADCA. She/He is also responsible of the communication part of Strategic partnership with international institutions. She/He has the chief Editor of the ADCA annual brochure “State of the African DC market”. Finally She/He is Chief Editor of Members Communications through Quaterly Letters to Members
- Build the name and the image of the association to attract more members and serve ADCA Mission
- Support the ADCA Managing Director in the creation and execution of ADCA communication strategy.
- Manage all communication of ADCA
- Ensure world class levels of communication.
- Deliver all agreed projects to, ahead of time, quality and cost.
Maintain the Web site www.africadca.org (WordPress)
- Update every new Members, partners and Media Partners Logos and Description
- Update every new content developed by ADCA
- Update the news of the association
- Update our Partners Events section
- Propose new Chapter to communicate on Website
Ensure consistent Social Networking (Mainly Linkedin today) over 1000 Subscribers
- Promote the ADCA technical or commercial White papers and Announcement through Social
- Relay Members announcement
- Relay Every news that could be relative to Data Centres and/or Africa Digital economy
- Promote our Partners Events
Ensure traditional Press Relationship and Press Releases
- Announce new developed White Papers
- Announce New reports
- Announce new Partnerships
- Announce new Members
- Maintain the journalist Data base
Manage Media Partners relationship
- BroadGroup, Capacity Media, Digital Infra Network, DC Byte, Africa tech Festival, DC World etc.
- Plan and organize activities decided together
- Propose new join activities
- Propose new Media Partners
External Relations with Pan African and International Institutions partnering with ADCA
- Africa Union and Smart Africa
- Digital Council
- Dutch Datacenter Association
- France Datacenter Association
- Propose new partners
Internal Relationship with Members
- Chief editor of Quaterly Letter for Communication to members
- Maintain the Members distribution Data Base
- Organise the Watch of the Industry news in Social Networks.
- Propose to MD & Board the content of each Quaterly Letter
- News of the African DC Industry and Digital Economy, News of Global DC Industry, Interview of an official (ICT minister etc..), words of the Chairman, News of the Association.
- Link with Members for specific Content
Organisation of potential physical or digital participation to partner Events.
- Plan and budget each project activities
- Mobilize ADCA ressources, Speakers, Content etc…
- Follow up activities, to be on time.
- Maintain the consistency of the different interventions
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years post graduate experience in PR & Communication
- Experience in dealing with >Complex Geographic environment for 54 Countries
- Experience of working in environments where managing complex stakeholder structures for success is essential
- Demonstrable success and track record in communication roles for ICT or technical trade Association
- Likely to have operated internationally for at least 2-3 years
- Experienced in high technology managed services sector
- Background of working in an entrepreneurial environment and business star-up/build out experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-confident and very proactive
- Prepared to be hands-on to achieve results and maintain deadlines
- Powerful communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in communicating in English language. Professional operating proficiency in French. Bilingual English/French is preferred
- Knowledge of the IT & Communications and related markets, and the future directions of its growth and market potential
- Creative thinking and innovation, planning, organisation & project management
- Problem solving, decision making, self-management and personal development
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- Strong demonstrable emotional intelligence